The more questions the contestant answer, the higher prize he will win.
2. 科学家们在科学领域获得的成就越多，先进技术的运用就越广泛。( the more … the more…)
The more achievements scientists make in the field of science, the more
widely advanced technology will be used.
There is no point in blaming the government for the present situation ，unless immediate action can be taken to prevent the environment from further pollution.
It is estimated that the damage caused by the earthquake is far beyond imagination.
Despite the fact that people seem to identify with the main character in a tragedy, few people will really offer their help.
The government decided to ban/put a ban on advertisers from using child actors because it will have a negative effect/influence/impact on children.
7. 大城市的犯罪率正在上升，每天平均有 5 起抢劫案。
Crime in big cities is on the increase/increasing, with 5 robberies every day on average./with an average of 5 robberies every day.
The key to balancing expenses against income is to budget/make a budget of all your spendings.
9. 在高考中遇到难题，冷静和自信是成功的关键。 (face)
When you face/are faced with difficult problems in the college entrance examinations, being calm and confident is the key to success.
10. 说实话，我真后悔没有帮助他克服英语学习方面的困难。 (regret)
To tell the truth, I really regret not helping him overcome difficulties in English learning.
1. The simple reason for this is that there are more different ways of looking at things present in the first kind of society.
2. Furthermore, social change is easier if it is gradual. For example, it comes more readily in human relations on a continuous scale rather than one with sharp dichotomies(一分为二).
3. This is one reason why change has not come more quickly to Black Americans as compared to other American minorities, because of the sharp difference in appearance between them and their white counterparts.
4. There is an advertisement in newspaper which urges you to change our life habits, with the suggestion that if you do so, by adopting (采用)seven easy-to-follow items of life style, you can achieve eleven added years beyond what you will get if you don’t.
5. But you have to read the report carefully to discover that there is another way of explaining the findings.
6. The popular acceptance of this notion says something important about today’s public attitudes about disease.
7. Other medical theories in history, constructed to explain all of human diseases, were not always as useful in their effects as this one is likely to be.
8. I think, however, that, provided work is not excessive in amount, even the dullest work is to most people less painful than idleness.
9. To be able to fill leisure intelligently is the last product of civilization, and at present very few people have reached this level.
10. Accordingly the more intelligent rich men work nearly as hard as they were poor, while rich women for the most part keep themselves busy with innumerable trifles of those earth-shaking importance they are firmly established.