101. There is a very big bridge ______ the river.
102. The chairman signed the document ______ the company.
A. instead of
B. on behalf of
C. in place of
D. in case of
103. It’s about 400 mm rain in this area a year ______.
A. above all
B. of all
C. for average
D. on average
104. In many schools, students don’t have sufficient access ______ the library.
105. The traditional approach ______with complex problems is to break them down into smaller ones.
A. in dealing
B. to dealing
D. to deal
106. The flyover at the crossing on the 6th ring road is now ____ construction.
107. It’s the first turning ______ the left after the traffic lights.
108. I know nothing about him ______he is a teacher.
B. in addition
C. except for
D. except that
109. The heavy snow could not keep us ______ going out to work.
110. Jack works so hard as he dreams _____owning his own house soon.
111. I suppose I can count _____you for help in this matter.
112. It was difficult for him to buy good shoes because he had such a big _____of feet.
113. It was raining again, ______ is very bad for our crops.
114. I have two brothers, both ______ are doctors.
A. of which
B. of them
C. of whom
115. ______ doesn’t matter ______ they will come to the meeting next month.
A. It, whether
B. That, whether
C. If it, who
D. Whether, it
116. The City Football Team, ______ , meets every other day.
A. which I am a member
B. of which I am a member
C. that I am a member
D. of that I am a member
117. Our factory is much more productive now. This year’s production is five times ______ it was ten years ago.
118. This is the most difficult book ______ .
A. what I have ever read
B. which I have ever read
C.I have ever read it
D. that I have ever read
119. In order to search for the escaped prisoner, the police decide to question _____ comes along this road.
120. The truth is that it is only by studying history ______ we can learn what to expect in the future.
B. and then
C. by which
D. through which