81. Apples are ______ in summer and cost a lot.
82. In the future she hopes to go ______ for further studies.
83. The new_____machine is a great help in the production of this factory.
84. Little John caught a ______ fish this morning.
85. The football match was televised ____ from the Berlin Olympic Stadium.
86. The more fruits and vegetables you eat, ____ chance of getting cancer you have.
C. the less
D. the least
87. He’s ______ to know the answer.
88. It isn’t quite ______ that he will he present at the meeting.
89. The examination I took yesterday wasn’t very difficult, but it was ______ long.
A. much rather
B. so much
C. too much
D. much too
90. It may rain, but I shall go out______; I don’t mind the rain.
91. He had not ______ made up his mind what attitude to adopt towards her.
A. as yet
B. as well
C. as usual
D. as though
92. I pulled the handle _______I could.
A. so hardly as
B. as hardly as
C. so hard as
D. as hard as
93. He is so shy that he _______ speaks in the public.
94. The story of Mary is merely ______ of a poor farmer.
95. The second-hand car was not worth ______.
A. much that
B. that much all
C. all that much
D. much all that
96. _____of them knew about the plan because it was a secret.
C. No one
97. My car is not so fashionable as ______.
98. ______ Tom ______ Mary can help me, for they are very busy.
A. Both; and
B. Neither; nor
C. whether; or
D. Either; or
99. Do you know any other foreign language ______ English?
100. With five hungry children seated around the table, the food disappeared ______.
A. in no time
B. at no time
C. ahead of time
D. from time to time