Part I. Vocabulary and Structure (40point)
Directions：there are 40 incomplete sentences in this part，for each sentences there four choices marked a，b，c，and d. Choose the one answer that best completes the sentence and tick it off on the answer sheet. 内容来自 www.515148.com
1. Don't forget _____ the window before leaving the room. 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
A. to have closed B. to close C. having closed D. closing 内容来自 www.515148.com
2. You bad better _____ a doctor as soon as possible. A. seeing B. saw C. see D. seen 内容来自 www.515148.com
3. The old man is used to __ early in the morning. A. exercise B. exercising C. exercised D. exercises 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
4. Before joining the army, he spent a lot of time in the village _____ he belonged. 内容来自 www.515148.com
A. to which B. which C. to where D. at which
5. I gave John a present but he gave me nothing _____. A. in return B. in turn C. in advance D. in vain 内容来自 www.515148.com
6. I don't like to disturb you, because you're quite tired _____ working hard today. 本文来自 www.515148.com
A. of B. with C. out D. on 内容来自 www.515148.com
7. _____ I saw was two men crossing the street. A. What B. Whom C. Who D. That
8. A curve is a line _____ no part is straight and which has no angle. 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
A. that B. whose C. in which D. of which
9. _____ I'm mistaken, I've seen that man before. A. Unless B. If C. Because D. Provided 内容来自 www.515148.com
10. The fisherman, _____ poor, could not buy another boat. A. is B. was C. being D. been
11. Three people, _____ ,were injured in the accident. 内容来自 www.515148.com
A. including a child B. include a child C. included a child D. includes a child
12. We use plastics _____ wood and metal now. 内容来自 www.515148.com
A. to take place B. to take of C. take the place of D. in place of
13. I spent half an hour _____ this difficult math problem.
A. having worked on B. to work on C. on work D. working on 内容来自 www.515148.com
14. The medicine can prevent you _____. 内容来自 www.515148.com
A. from getting drunk B. got drunk C. get drunk D. being drunk 本文来自 www.515148.com
15. I have taken many photos. I'm going to get the film _____. 本文来自 www.515148.com
A. being developed B. developing C. developed D. to be developed
16. _____ the last one, I answered all the questions. A. Except B. Except for C. Besides D. In addition to 本文来自 www.515148.com
17. He suggested _____ a lecture given by Professor White on English language learning.
A. me to attend B. my attending C. my attention D. me attending 内容来自 www.515148.com
18. Not always _____ they want to. A. people can do what B. people cannot do what 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
C. can people do what D. can't people do what 内容来自 www.515148.com
19. “Good — bye, Miss Liu. I'm very pleased _____.”
A. to meet you B. to have met you C. meeting you D. having met you 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
20. I will never forget the ten years _____ we both spent in the little village.
A. when B. during which C. which D. in which
21. The experiment, _____ will soon be announced, was done by my colleagues. 本文来自 www.515148.com
A. whose results B. the results on which C. at which the results D. of whose results 本文来自 www.515148.com
22. Sorry, I don’t know he is a friend of _____.
A. your brother B. your brothers C. your brother’s friend D. your brother’s 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
23. I believe he _____ an accident, otherwise he would have arrived on time.
A. would have had B. could have had
C. should have had D. must have had 内容来自 www.515148.com
24. After saying that, he _____ the door quickly.
A. made up B. made for C. made out D. made
25. Mary regretted _____ to John’s birthday party last Sunday. 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
A. not going B. not to go C. not having been going D. not to be going 本文来自 www.515148.com
26. The famous novel is said _____ into Chinese. 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
A. to have translated B. to be translate C. to have been translated D. to translate
27. Standing on the bank, the children watched the ship _____ with all kinds of goods. 本文来自 www.515148.com
A. loading B. being loaded C. to be loaded D. having loaded 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
28. Mary never tells anyone what she does for a _____. A. job B. work C. profession D. living 内容来自 www.515148.com
29. I’m sorry I couldn’t get in touch with him before he left, I _____ him earlier.
A. had a telephone B. have phoned C. should have phoned D. should be phoned 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
30. With the old man _____ the way, we had no trouble in finding that mysterious cave. 本文来自 www.515148.com
A. leading B. led C. lead D. to be led 内容来自 www.515148.com
31. _____ anything about the accident, he went to work as well. 本文来自 www.515148.com
A. Not know B. Know not C. Knowing not D. Not knowing 本文来自 www.515148.com
32. Nowhere else in the world _____ more attractive scenery than in Switzerland.
A. you can find B. is found C. can you find D. has been found 内容来自 www.515148.com
33. An old friend from abroad, __ I was expecting to stay with, telephoned me from the airport. 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
A. that B. whom C. who D. which 内容来自 www.515148.com
34. Peter wishes that he _____ law instead of literature when he was in college.
A. could study B. studied C. had studied D. would study
35. When she heard the bad news, she _____ completely.
A. broke away B. broke up C. broke down D. broke out 内容来自 www.515148.com
36. He _____ a large fortune from his business. A. made B. won C. expected D. gained 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
37. He never wrote to his father _____ he was in need of money.
A. except B. except when C. except for D. except that 本文来自 www.515148.com
38. He looked behind him to _____ he was not being followed. 内容来自 www.515148.com
A. believe B. find C. make sure D. look 内容来自 www.515148.com
39. The car was repaired but not quite to my _____.
A. joy B. pleasure C. attraction D. satisfaction 内容来自 www.515148.com
40. _____ was unimportant. 本文来自 www.515148.com
A. Whether he enjoyed our dinner or not B. No matter how he enjoyed our dinner 内容来自 www.515148.com
C. If he enjoyed our dinner D. What he enjoyed our dinner 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
Part II. Cloze(20point) (1993年高考) 本文来自 www.515148.com
Directions：There are 20 blanks in this part. For each blank there are four choices marked a, b , c and d. Choose the best one and tick it off on the ANSWER SHEET.
Jenlins was a jeweller, who had made a large diamond(钻石) ring worth 57,000 pounds for the Silkstone Jewellery Shop. When it was ready, he made a copy of it which looked ___41___ like the first one but was worth only 2,000 pounds. This he took to the shop, which ___42___ it without a question. 本文来自 www.515148.com
Jenkins gave the much more ___43___ ring to his wife for her fortieth birthday. Then, the husband and wife ___44___ to Paris for a weekend. As to the ___45___ ring, the shop sold it for 60,000 pounds. 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
Six months later the buyer ___46___ it back to Silkstone’s office. “It’s a faulty(有瑕疵的) diamond,” he said. “It isn’t worth the high ___47___ I paid.” Then he told them the ___48___. His wife’s car had caught fire in an ___49___. She had escaped(幸免),___50___ the ring had fallen off and been damaged(损坏) in the great __51___ of the fire. 本文来自 www.515148.com
The shop had to ___52___. They knew that no fire on earth can ___53___ damage a perfect diamond. Someone had taken the___54___ diamond and put a faulty one in its place. The question was: who ___55___ it? 本文来自 www.515148.com
A picture of the ring appeared in the ___56___. A reader thought he ___57___ the ring. The next day, another picture appeared in the papers which ___58___ a famous dancer walking out to a plane for Paris. Behind the dancer there was a woman ___59___ a large diamond ring. “Do you know the ___60___ with the lovely diamond ring?” the papers asked their readers. Several months later, Jenkins was sentenced to seven years in prison. 本文来自 www.515148.com
41. A. only B. surely C. nearly D. exactly 本文来自 www.515148.com
42. A. accepted B. received C. refused D. rejected 本文来自 www.515148.com
43. A. real B. modern C. worthy D. valuable 内容来自 www.515148.com
44. A. flew B. drove C. sailed D. bicycled 本文来自 www.515148.com
45. A. first B. second C. last D. next 内容来自 www.515148.com
46. A. sold B. posted C. brought D. returned
47. A. cost B. money C. price D. value
48. A. facts B. matters C. questions D. results 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
49. A. affair B. accident C. incident D. experience
51. A. pile B. heat C. power D. pressure 本文来自 www.515148.com
52. A. think B. agree C. permit D. promise 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
53. A. almost B. even C. just D. ever
54. A. real B. pure C. right D. exact
55. A. copied B. made C. stole D. did 内容来自 www.515148.com
56. A. notices B. magazines C. newspapers D. programmes
57. A. saw B. knew C. found D. recognized
58. A. showed B. drew C. printed D. carried 本文来自 www.515148.com
59. A. carrying B. dressing C. wearing D. holding
60. A. dancer B. woman C. reader D. jeweler
Part III .Reading Comprehension(40point) Direction: Each of the passage below is followed by five question. For each question there are four answers marked a, b , c, and d. Choose the best answer to each of the question and tick it off on the ANSWER SHEET Passage One 本文来自 www.515148.com
I'm usually fairly skeptical about any research that concludes that people are either happier or unhappier or more or less certain of themselves than they were 50 years ago. While any of these statements might be true, they are practically impossible to prove scientifically. Still, I was struck by a report which concluded that today's children are significantly more anxious than children in the 1950s. In fact, the analysis showed, normal children ages 9 to 17 exhibit a higher level of anxiety today than children who were treated for mental illness 50 years ago.
Why are America's kids so stressed? The report cites two main causes: increasing physical isolation -- brought on by high divorce rates and less involvement in community, among other things -- and a growing perception that the world is a more dangerous place. 内容来自 www.515148.com
Given that we can't turn the clock back, adults can still do plenty to help the next generation cope.