Part I. Vocabulary and Structure (40point)
Directions：there are 40 incomplete sentences in this part，for each sentences there four choices marked a，b，c，and d. Choose the one answer that best completes the sentence and tick it off on the answer sheet.
1. With oil prices keeping ______, people are hesitating whether to buy a car or not. 内容来自 www.515148.com
A. rising B. arising C. raising D. arousing
2. We were very disappointed at the ______ to our advertisement, and our products didn’t sell well.
A. replies B. response C. answers D. words 本文来自 www.515148.com
3. My suggestion yesterday was that a meeting ______ to discuss the matter. 本文来自 www.515148.com
A. should hold B. must be held C. would be held D. be held
4. This is one of the best books _____ on the subject. 本文来自 www.515148.com
A. that have ever been written B. which have ever been written
C. that has ever been written D. whatever have been written 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
5. _____ you don’t know the rule won’t be a sufficient excuse for your failure.
A. It is B. That C. Because D. What
6. No one can possibly recall any detail about the meeting. It is at least five years since it______. 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
A. had taken place B. was taken place C. took place D. was taking place
7. Some people like drinking coffee, for it has _____ effects.
A. promoting B. stimulating C. enhancing D. encouraging 内容来自 www.515148.com
8. After the war , a new school building was put up _____ there had once been a theatre. 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
A. that B. where C. which D. when
9. A modern city has been set up in _____ was a wasteland ten years ago . 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
A. what B. which C. that D. where
10. Professor Smith, along with his assistants, ______ on the project day and night to meet the deadline. 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
A. work B. working C. is working D. are working
11. The president spoke at the business meeting for nearly an hour without ______ his notes.
A. bringing up B. referring to C. looking for D. trying on
12. The Internet has brought ______ big changes in the way we work.
A. about B. out C. back D. up
13. Her brother ______ to leave her in the dark room alone when she disobeyed his order. 内容来自 www.515148.com
A. declared B. threatened C. warned D. exclaimed
14. A man is being questioned in relation to the ______ murder.
A. advised B. attended C. attempted D. admired 本文来自 www.515148.com
15. Modern plastics can ______ very high and very low temperatures. 本文来自 www.515148.com
A. stand B. hold C. carry D. support
16. The news quickly spread through the village ______ the war had ended. 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
A. which B. what C. that D. where
17. We hurried to the station ______ find ourselves three hours earlier for the train.
A. only to B. in order to C. so as to D. such as to
18. I meant ______ you , but I’m afraid I forgot.
A. ringing B. being ringing C. to ringing D. to ring
19. Because of many mistakes, she was made ______ these letters again.
A. type B. to typing C. typed D. to type
20. He began by showing us where the country was and went on _______ us about its climate.
A. telling B. to tell C. to telling D. to be told 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
21. Once _____ of the necessity of a move, he worked hard to find a new home.
A. convinced B. be convinced C. convincing D. having convinced
22. So many representatives _______ , the conference had to be put off. 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
A. were absent B. to be absent C. being absent D. had been absent 内容来自 www.515148.com
23. In no case _____ the students from exploring new ideas. 内容来自 www.515148.com
A. we should prevent B. we could prevent C. should we prevent D. shouldn’t prevent
24. I don’t think it advisable that Tom _____ to the job since he has no experience.
A. be assigned B. is assigned C. will be assigned D. has been assigned 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
25. With all this work on hand, she ______ to the dance party last night.
A. oughtn’t to go B. hadn’t gone C. shouldn’t have gone D. mustn’t have gone
26. As Christmas was coming, the town began a ______ clearing on a large scale.
A. through B. thorough C. though D. thought
27. The river here is very wide but ____, so you can walk across it. 本文来自 www.515148.com
A. narrow B. arrow C. shallow D. hollow
28. The streets were empty ____ the policemen on duty.
A. besides B. except C. excepting D. except for 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
29. –How did you pay the workers? 本文来自 www.515148.com
–As a rule , they were paid by ______. 内容来自 www.515148.com
A. the hour B. an hour C. hour D. the time
30.____ of the students in our class are from the north. 内容来自 www.515148.com
A. Two ninth B. Second ninth C. Second nines D. Two ninths 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
31. My father has classes ____ day: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
A. each other B. every other C. this and the other D. all other
32. He talks as if he ________everything in the world.
A. knows B. knew C. had known D. would have known
33. I’d _______ you didn’t touch that, if you don’t mind. 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
A. rather B. better C. happier D. further
34. The magnificent museum is said______ about a hundred years ago. 本文来自 www.515148.com
A. to be built B. to have been built
C. to have built D. to have being built
35. The ability _____is very important for any speaker. 本文来自 www.515148.com
A. to hear clearly B. to be clearly heard
C. to hearing clearly D. to being clearly heard 内容来自 www.515148.com
36. We all feel sorry for __________for so long after your arrival. 内容来自 www.515148.com
A. keep you waiting B. having kept you waiting
C. waiting for you D. keep you wait
37.At that time, the poor girl can't but ______all her belongings at a low price.
A. to sell B. sell C. selling D. sold
38. How the fire in the dancing hall started _________ a mystery. 内容来自 www.515148.com
A. to remain B. remains C. remain D. is remaining
39. I will never forget the ten years _________ we both spent in the little village. 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
A. when B. during which C. which D. in which
40. The United States is composed of fifty states, two of____ are separated from the others by land 内容来自 www.515148.com
A them B that C which D those 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
Part II. Cloze(20point) (2000年北京成人本科学士学位英语) 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
Directions：There are 20 blanks in this part. For each blank there are four choices marked a, b , c and d. Choose the best one and tick it off on the ANSWER SHEET. 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
Tourism has become a very big _41___. For Spain, Italy and Greece it is the largest_42___of foreign exchange, and _43___for Britain, it is the fourth. Faced __44__ this huge new income, no government can afford to look __45__ on the business; questions of hotel 内容来自 www.515148.com
bath rooms, beach umbrellas and ice-cream sales are now __46__by ministers of tourism 内容来自 www.515148.com
with solemn expertise. Before the Second World War the tourist industry was widely __47_ as being unmanly and stupid. But __48__has become a new industry, as trade business 内容来自 www.515148.com
used __49___; in Spain, Italy, Greece and much of Eastern Europe, new road __50___have opened up in the country, first to tourists, and __51___ to industry and locals. 本文来自 www.515148.com
__52___of tourism is a nationalized industry, a __53___ part of national planning. In a place west of Marseilles, the French government is killing mosquitoes and __54__ six big vacation places to__55___nearly a million tourists. In Eastern Europe, a whole new seaside __56__ has sprung up __57____the last few years: the governments have greatly __58___ 内容来自 www.515148.com
when tourists from the West __59___from half a million four years __60___to nearly two million last year. 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
41. A. firm B. business C. company D. affair 本文来自 www.515148.com
42. A. factor B. resource C. source D. cause 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
43. A. even B. yet C. also D. ever 内容来自 www.515148.com
44. A. in front of B. of C. with D. for 内容来自 www.515148.com
45. A. up B. at C. for D. down 本文来自 www.515148.com
46. A. determined B. discussed C. argued D. sold 本文来自 www.515148.com
47. A. regarded B. said C. talked D. spread 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
48. A. agriculture B. war C. tourism D. education
49. A. be done B. done C. to do D. to doing 内容来自 www.515148.com
50. A. types B. styles C. buildings D. systems
51. A. than B. later C. then D. latter
52. A. Many B. All C. None D. Much 内容来自 www.515148.com
53. A. key B. minor C. linking D. questioning
54. A. built B. building C. to be built D. have built 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
55. A. attract B. pull C. hold D. contain
56. A. civilization B. culture C. writing D. book
57. A. over B. for C. after D. beyond
58. A. suffered B. lost C. invested D. benefited 本文来自 www.515148.com
59. A. added B. divided C. reduced D. multiplied
60. A. since B. before C. ago D. after 内容来自 www.515148.com
Part III .Reading Comprehension(40point)
Direction: Each of the passage below is followed by five question. For each question there are four answers marked a, b , c, and d. Choose the best answer to each of the question and tick it off on the ANSWER SHEET 内容来自 www.515148.com
Passage one 内容来自 www.515148.com
In ancient times the most important examinations were spoken, not written. In the schools of ancient Greece and Rome , testing usually consisted of saying poetry aloud or giving speeches. 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
In the European universities of the Middle Ages, students who were working for advanced degrees had to discuss questions in their field of study with people who had made a special study of the subject. This custom exists today as part of the process of testing candidates for the doctor's degree. 甘肃专升本网 www.515148.com
Generally, however, modern examinations are written. The written examination, where all students are tested on the same question, was probably not known until the nineteenth century.