1.A mature man is one who is good at turning failure into success.
2. He was a creative man and succeeded in making out a lot of things entirely new to the world.
3.A large proportion of the country population in China is literate today as compared with before.
4."In the small town, all life seems to live in peace with its surroundings”.
5. "We should never laugh at people when they are in trouble, instead, we should try to help them.
当人们遇到困难时我们决不能讥笑他们，而应设法帮助他们。 6. He kept wondering why people who had already made so much progress were never satisfied with their work.
7. It is necessary for students to choose information and make the right decision based on careful thinking.
8.The young man talked in such a good manner that he made a good impression on the interviewer.
9. In short, it is important to exchange ideas regularly with the elderly, for it can bridge the generation gap.
10.Before the people of Europe knew anything about paper, the Chinese had already learnt how to print on it.
11. After the visit, you should send a thank-you note or make a thank-you call to the host.
做客回家后，你应该给主人送张便条或打个电话表示感谢。 12. Though understanding no Chinese, the American girl was able to communicate with other students in her class.
13. Last winter a lot of birds flew here，but nobody here knew where they came.
14. We don’t educate children only for the aim of educating them， but also for the aim of fitting them for life.
15.A large number of people are needed to work in the mall to make the mall run because thousands of people come to the mall for shopping every day.
16.Americans like this cartoon very much because the funny stories make them laugh from the beginning to the end. 美国人都喜欢这部动画片，因为它有趣的故事让他们从头笑到尾。
17.Many scientists are now making a study of animal and plant life in the sea to find new resources for mankind.
18. You may refuse the invitation by saying: “ Thank you for inviting me，but I will not be able to come.”
19. I’m sorry to trouble you, but I wonder if we can have a word with you sometime.
20. Yellowstone National Park is the oldest and largest national park in the United States.
21. Those walls were combined into one continuous wall, which is now called the Great Wall.
22. THE SIMPSONS is a cartoon about a typical American family of five and the funny stories of this family.
23."If it were not for your help, we couldn’t have finished our work so smoothly.
24. A shopping mall is a building with many shops and other forms of entertainment.
25. It was raining hard，but the children were still playing in the garden of my neighbors’.
26. The first modern Olympic Games were held in 1896 for the understanding and friendship among nations.
27.His elder brother is no longer the boy that he was when you met him five years ago.
28.Jiu Zhaigou is a world of water. Water brings Jiu Zhaigou its most beautiful views and water is the soul of Jiu Zhaigou.
29. In the Mall of America, some special activities for young people are often held, like hearing stories, reading or doing arts and crafts.
30. There is no denying the fact that education plays an important role in the development of society.