41. The music was so ______ that the audience were ______ to death.
A. boring .. bored
B. bored … boring
C. bored …bored
D. boring … boring
42. When he came back after an absence of 20 years, he found his hometown completely ______.
B. to be changed
C. to change
43. Some of the experiments ______ in the book are easy to perform.
A. being described
C. to be described
D. having been described
44. I really appreciate ______ to help me, but I am sure that I can manage by myself.
A. you to offer
B. that you offer
C. your offering
D. that you are offering
45. He should get used by now ______ Chinese food.
A. to eating
B. to eat
C. for eating
46. The manager promised to keep me ______ of how our business was going on.
A. to be informed
B. on informing
47. No one thought that John’s suggestion was worth ______ .
A. to consider
C. to be considered
D. of consideration
48. The young man got his motor bicycle tyre ______ early this morning.
D. be changed
49. ______ enough money, they decided to call off the construction project.
A. Not to have raised
B. Not raising
C. Having not raised
D. Not having raised
50. While reading the newspaper, ______.
A. a colorful advertisement caught my eyes
B. my attention was attracted by an advertisement
C. I was attracted by a colorful advertisement
D. What attracted my eyes was a colorful advertisement
51. Weighing seven hundred pounds, ______.
A. she could not move the piano
B. the piano should not be moved
C. the piano was too heavy for her to move
D. the piano was unable to move
52. The factory is said ______ last month.
A. to have gone into production
B. to go into production
C. to be gone into production
D. to be going into production
53. ______ in an atmosphere of simple living was what her parents wished for.
A. The girl was educated
B. The girl educated
C. The girl to be educated
D. The girl’s being educated
54. Having plenty of time, ______ .
A. we needn’t to have hurried
B. there was no need for us to hurry
C. we didn’t need to hurry
D. hurrying was not necessary
55. ______, little John did not reply.
A. When being asked what his name was
B. When asked what his name was
C. When his name was asked
D. When he is asked what is his name
56. With its expensive furniture and carefully ____ color scheme, the room looked quite luxurious.
57. Time ____, we will arrange for the tourists to visit two or three more remote spots of culture value.
D.to be permitted
58. All the afternoon he worked in his study with the door ______.
A. to lock
59. The garden requires ________.
B. being watered
C. to water
D. having watered
60. We have cooperated well with them many years for the shared ______.